(This is a personal rambling of sorts. People who are not in my college will not follow the most of it.)
Well a lot has been said about friendship, and even more about zone mates. This is my take at things. It will be a ‘Atri-ish’ post for the first time (:P). Also, I find blogging the most effective way to communicate with people.
Well a lot has been said about friendship, and even more about zone mates. This is my take at things. It will be a ‘Atri-ish’ post for the first time (:P). Also, I find blogging the most effective way to communicate with people.
- I love my friends more. All my friends are not equally dear. There are levels of friendship. If anyone says that everybody is his friend of the same stature, they are hypocrites if not liars. I hate liars.
- According to me, just spending time with certain people day in and day out doesn’t make them better friends. Likeminded people sharing common interests, same ideas go on to become good friends. There are so many other things that create the bonds of friendship.
- Continuing from pt. 2, ragging never created any special bonds for me. The person who are my good friends in zone or otherwise (yes there were good friends, friends, and so on...) are people whom I knew, liked and admired to some extent for all that they were.
- I have always done what I’ve believed to be correct. For me, it would have been a shame if I had not stood up for Tanya. Tanya is a very good friend (No, I don’t have any ‘thing’ for her as many of you thought) and I can live in peace for doing what I did. My support for her was about friendship and doing what I believed was right. Will do that all over again if a time comes.
- It was always about friendship for me. Always will be. People I depended on in my zone were my good friends. I’m sure they would have helped me if I wasn’t from Durgapur.. That’s the way they are and that’s why they are (not ‘were’) my good friends. [Be it my accident (when I called Gugga), or for the numerous occasions when Subh, Supu, Souptik, Dada, Sayan, Ayan, Battery was there for me.]
- I read it somewhere, 95% wanted me to be excluded from the zone which aspires to be a ‘family’ after this. Good luck to u guys. For the rest 5%, and for all those who called me, thank you. I’m happy that 5% of you understood how things worked for me and that at the end of the day friendship is all that matters.
- @Joyee, Gargi: I have no qualms about whatever happened. As I said I would do it again. Think with a clear head. Nothing changes between us after this fiasco. :P @Tanya: Check ur gtalk chat history for all that you mean to me. I stopped chatting off the record for some time now. :P A word of advice, delete the messages from ‘Don’t pic up’ widut reading. It will help. Trust me.
- At my wingies:
Basu: I personally feel you shouldn’t have written about the zone thing. I know you felt bad about it but I guess it wasn’t needed. I never gave ragging with you, know you well for just more than over a year, n yet you are my friend. I hope it means so much for you as it does for u. J
Anuj: I stood up for what I believed. Sometimes I think u should do too (even more vehemently). Thanks for being there. You alone know what I think of you and I think saying this much is enough.
@216: Try standing up for your friends. And learn trusting them without judging. J
@Atri: I hate you. :P dare you piss me off. :P lolz.
As for the zonal juniors, I have only best wishes for u guys. I never believed in ragging. I personally hated who ragged me and then at the end of RP said ‘It was all in good spirits’. I never wanted to be that kind of senior. The only people I knew well were the ones who wanted to keep in touch with me. They became friends to some extent. Rishi, Prithviraj, and others you all are very talented. Just keep going. Good luck.
P.S:
P.S:
· This post is about the people in college excluding most of my other friends. Also I left the final years out of discussion. My classmates, Saswatada, and all others, u people should know that you were always my friends. Some a little more than the others, but that’s the way it is.
· Tamal it’s unfair to write a post about friendship without mentioning you.. so here you are. :P J
No comments:
Post a Comment