Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Why am I rambling?


Am I too talkative? I don’t think so. Then why ramble? After all to ramble is to talk endlessly in a desultory fashion eh? Well there are quite a few reasons behind this.

Supposedly these ramblings are going to hold me in good stead in the upcoming years as I step into the corporate world (taking it for granted that I will make it there sooner rather than later) where the SMS lingo will do me no good and I need to write proper grammatical English language. I hope this will negate the effect of sending approximately 500 text messages to friends every week. In fact, this blog is an attempt to type consistently formal English without typos. Obviously the Microsoft word is a big help with all its features which constantly keeps pointing the errors I make as I type! :D

I am also hoping that I will get into the habit of writing on various topics once more. The last time I wrote a proper essay/short story was way back in the year 2004 when I wrote my English-1 paper during ICSE. That’s a tad too long. Isn’t it?

Lastly, in the past couple of months I have developed a deep disliking about the way I spend time with my laptop. The amount of time I waste is just incredible and probably there are a huge number of fellows who do the same without realising it. The internet is a huge source of information, but it seems I hardly spend 5% of my time doing things that would help me in future. So blogging is just another way for me to keep me off from the socialising sites. I had had enough of socialising I guess, though I will still keep visiting them but with much lesser vigour and zest.

I have decided to keep my posts simple. I attended a lecture a few days back, and to quote the teacher, ‘There’s nothing as unimpressive as to use long many syllable words’. I have decided to follow his advice and use the simplest English I can, to write short simple sentences (this one’s getting pretty long already :P), and to present my thoughts lucidly. Humour is not my cup of tea, but I shall be trying that too from time to time.

I hope I come good at my decisions and write regularly juggling my busy schedule and don’t disappoint myself. Nothing works like criticism whether positive or negative. If any of you reading this has anything to say, please help yourself in the comments section. I know most people are lazy, but I guess some are different too. That’s it for now, have a long day ahead waiting for me.

Till the next time, Adiós.

3 comments:

  1. Thats an amusing use of blogs.... rambling...striving to perfect lingo-skills....best of luck...way to go...!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, now that American English has been legalized in most schools, I guess SMS text might be allowed too, someday in the distant future. But, yeah, I must say 500 SMS-es a week is beyond the record! The only time time I sent texts so much was when I fell in love for the first time. We used to text each other AT LEAST A 100 SMS-es every 24 hours. Are you in love? If not, you must try World records and see if anyone really texts more than you do!
    Anyway, about the simple english part, yeah, if you are writing for other people to read, you must use a language that they understand. That makes it more appealing to the "average common man". But, if you're using your blog for your personal ventilation purposes, using it as a virtual personal diary, you can use any form of the language that you think in, and you understand. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. SMS records!!
    18000 SMS in 90 days...
    Plz send a message to me if u beat that..

    ReplyDelete